Pages

Wednesday, July 4, 2012

Harsh Realities


Have you ever thought you were through with something only to discover that you were not? That is me right now. I have spent a considerable amount of time celebrating victories over battles that now seem far from over. I cannot for the life of me figure out how this has happened. The joy, the freedom and the change all felt very real to me! I pride myself in being someone who is in touch with their inner self. How then do I wake up one morning to realize that the impending possibility of unemployment was enough to keep me up all night looking for jobs? 
Courtesy of  Google Images
I have spent a considerable amount of time acting and feeling like I am in control of all my affairs. I would like to think that I still hold that position. However, I do have to come to terms with the fact that I need to be more patient with myself. Sometimes one could suffer from a bout of worry or discouragement….not a good thing but it happens. What you do after the event is all that matters. 
Courtesy of Google Images
Life can be strange at times. Battles can be won and yet you lose the war and sometimes what may seem like a failure may end up being the greatest achievement in your life. It’s all about perspective. How your current situation relates to the bigger picture. As human beings we sometimes long for things that we think would make us happier or more fulfilled and do not get them only to discover much later in life that that was the best thing that could have ever happened to you! Not being able to predict your future is one of the limitations of a human being. The idea that what you do or do not do today may or may not have a significantly positive or negative impact on your life ten years from now or simply in the next one hour is daunting! 
Courtesy of Google Images
Personally, I choose to entrust all my worries and fears to God. I trust that He orders my steps and that everything that happens in my life is in His hands. All of it. The good, the bad and the ugly. This is why I can afford to smile and to be happy because the Creator of the universe is watching over me. I don’t have to worry or fear as long as I stay in His will and walk in His ways because He will perfect all that concerns me. When Jesus said that He came so that we can live life and live abundantly, He meant it. However, you have to decide if you want this to be true for your life and to what extent. Do you want to give Him some of your life, half of your life or ALL of it? I have tried the ALL part and all I can say is…..I could get used to living like this! Abundantly!

No comments:

Post a Comment